“I’d like to thank the Academy…”
As I was putting the finishing touches to today’s TDoT post about lycra and lattes, I got a message notifying me that I’d received a Versatile Blogger Award.
As with everything in life, the Versatile Blogger Award comes with some rules. Responsibilities, if you will. As a recipient, I need to:
- Thank the person who gave me the award, and link this “acceptance speech” back to their blog.
- Tell TDoT readers 7 things about myself.
- Nominate 15 blogs that I enjoy for their own Versatile Blogger Award, and then include the appropriate links to their sites.
- Contact the aforementioned nominees to advise them of the good news.
The first step is easy. I’d sincerely like to thank B.B.Darlington for bestowing the nomination upon me. It’s a great feeling to know that people other than yours truly like this blog. Is it too early for paid The Dissemination of Thought subscriptions?
Now, for 7 things about me.
1. I’m somewhat addicted to orange Tic Tacs.
2. I can cook, but I rarely do. I live in the middle of the city and have a diverse assortment of menus on my desk – why would I bother firing up the oven?
3. My freezer currently contains ice cubes, half a loaf of bread, vanilla ice cream and a bottle of vodka. The vodka won’t be in there for much longer.
4. I want to learn to play the guitar. I love music, but have no musical ability as far as I’m aware.
5. My favourite book of all time is Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.
6. I love Converse sneakers. I have far too many pairs as it is, but I can’t stop buying them. I have a problem.
7. I loathe reality television.
The 15 blogs that I want you guys to find out about – if you haven’t already done so – are:
3. Impassioned Rantings of an Unbalanced Mind
4. Miss Demure Restraint Author’s note: she’s already got one of these awards, but deserves another.
6. PCC Advantage
7. Riding in Cars with Goats and Other Stories
9. Fiercly Yours
10. the daily dilemma
11. Virgin Vagina’s
12. Mud Junkie
13. One Bedroom Wonders
Now I could give you a synopsis about each site, or you could click on the links above and check them out for yourself. Stop being so fucking lazy.
Thank you once again to B.B.Darlington, as well as the rest of you who inflate my ego by reading The Dissemination of Thought.